I am all about making it quick in the mornings. I start work at 8 and I get up at 7:20. Lots of the time for work I just do mascara and tinted moisturizer with some light contouring, with brows of course! But when I want to do a bit more but still keep it quick and light this is my go to.
I know these picures might look like my neck is more tan then my face, but it’s only because I don’t know how to control my flash, I really do wear the appropriate foundation!
I have blue eyes so I wear a lot of brown and gold shadows. Plus I don’t claim to be any kind of makeup expert, everything I learned is from my makeup artist sister who you can find at http://www.makeupbygillianml.wordpress.com, she is amazing.
When I’m going out, I’ll wear a red or fuscia lip but for everyday I stick to light pinks and nudes. Right now I’m obsessed with these NYX butter glosses, they are pretty perfect. Not too sticky but still thick enough, really velvety on your lips in lots of colours and they’re about 6 dollars.
I do a pretty consistent contouring routine that my sister taught me. I use pressed powders for highlighting and contouring, I have never used liquids for it but there are so many you tube videos if you prefer not to use powders. I find them really easy to use and I tend to have a heavy hand with bronzers and the powders seem to keep that at bay.
I’m all about the neutral palettes. I used to buy a lot of individual shadows and then kind of make my own palette but I have been buying preset palettes more lately. My go to is the Smashbox Full Exposure.
I’m certainly no pro at makeup, but with a little guidance and a lot of practice I’ve gotten quicker and better! I don’t like to wear a tonne of makeup day to day so I think this look is a good fit for daily wear. I use a mix of more expensive products and cheaper drugstore products, finding things that work for you is all trial and error but I do have a couple products I absolutely swear by.
- Primer: NYX Photo Ready Primer
- Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20
- Concealer: Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up in Porcelain
- Pressed Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent
- All Over Bronzer: Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sunshine
- Face Contour: MAC Powder Blush in Harmony
- Nose Contour: NYX Single Shadow in True Taupe
- Highlight: Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Luminizer in Stardust
- Blush: NARS Deep Throat
- All over eyelid: Smashbox Full Exposure Palette in M4
- Eyelid crease: Smashbox Full Exposure Palette in M2
- Middle and Inner Lid: Smashbox Full Exposure in S3
- Brow bone and Tear duct area: MAC Nylon
- Lower lash line: Smashbox Full Exposure in S2 and M2
- Mascara: Lancôme L’Extreme in Black (I live in this mascara, I have tried many others and for me nothing compares)
- Eyebrows: NYX Eye and Eyebrow Pencil in Taupe (I have pretty full brows so I use this mostly for colour and definition)
- Lips: NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair